Chinook SUP Rail Saver Tape 2
Enjoy fresher boards for longer with the Chinook SUP Rail Saver Tape. This clear peel-and-stick tape protects epoxy or fiberglass surf craft against nicks and scratches from paddle blade contact. Simply clean the wax-free surface, put the tape, and your board stays freshly minted for many more rides.
The Chinook SUP Rail Saver Tape comes in two sizes: 2.5”x120” for thinner boards and 4”x120” ideal for wider boards. Both come in a set of two rolls.
Applying your Chinook SUP Rail Tape is straightforward. From the front of a ¾ deckpad, position the tape halfway up the nose. The tape should not go further back than approximately 12”-18” behind the board’s standing area or center point.
For the perfect tape fit, profile the board width using scissors to avoid excess rail tape around the thinner nose area. The application also goes faster if you cut the tape into 3-4 smaller sections per rail. If you want some wiggle room before locking in the final position of the tape, you can wet the rail first and squeeze or dry out all the air and water to lock in your tape.
- Transparent peel-and-stick film to protect your SUP rails from unsightly paddle nicks and marks
- Preserves and showcases your original board graphics with a nearly invisible application
- Accommodates thicker/taller cruising models
- Comes in two sizes: 2" height for thinner boards and 4" height for wider rail boards
- Comes in a set of two tape rolls